Guayusa leaves, also known as Ilex guayusa, are a traditional herb used by indigenous communities in the Amazon rainforest for centuries. The leaves are harvested from a small tree or shrub that is native to the Ecuadorian Andes and parts of the Amazon rainforest. Guayusa is known for its high levels of caffeine and antioxidants, making it a popular choice for those looking for a natural energy boost without the bitters and crash associated with coffee.
Guayusa, contains 50% more anti-oxidants than green tea and about 90 mg of caffeine/ 8 oz cup making it the second most caffeinated plant on earth, next to coffee except that Guayusa leaf comes with many more health benefits.
- The biggest benefit is the synergistic effects of Guayusa’s unique blend of Theobromine (also found in high quantities in dark chocolate), Theophyline, vitamins C and D, essential minerals Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, Chormium, caffeine and all 15 essential amino acids (most importantly Leucine, which is not synthesized in our bodies and is needed to repair and build muscle tissue).
- Guayusa leaves are rich in antioxidants, including polyphenols and flavonoids. These antioxidants have been shown to have natural health properties, which may help to protect against free radicals.
- Guayusa also contains natural high levels of caffeine, which can help to boost sustained energy levels, improve focus and concentration, and reduce fatigue. All these benefits come without the crash and jitters and bitters often associated with Coffee and other caffeinated drinks.
- Guayusa leaves have been traditionally used to improve sleep quality and may have a calming effect on the body.
- Guayusa has been found to balance the body’s pH, improve the functioning of the kidneys and urinary tract, and improve digestion and elimination while strengthening the lungs.
So slow down on coffee, stop drinking energy drinks full of chemicals and ultra-high dose of caffeine! Get a buzz and detox at the same time!
Guayusa has been used by indigenous communities in the Amazon rainforest for centuries. The Kichwa people, one of the largest indigenous groups in Ecuador, have traditionally used guayusa for its energizing properties. The leaves were traditionally consumed as a tea, often mixed with other herbs and plants to enhance its effects. In recent years, guayusa has gained popularity as a dietary supplement in the Western world due to its unique nutritional profile and potential health benefits.
Guayusa leaves are a rich source of antioxidants, including polyphenols and flavonoids. They also contain high levels of caffeine, which can help to boost energy levels and improve brain health and performance. Guayusa leaves also contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Additionally, guayusa leaves are a low-calorie food, making it an excellent choice for those looking to maintain a healthy diet.
In conclusion, Guayusa leaves are a traditional herb that has been used by indigenous communities in the Amazon rainforest for centuries. It is rich in antioxidants, caffeine, and various vitamins and minerals, making it a popular choice for those looking for a natural energy boost, brain health and performance enhancement. Add our extracts to your smoothies, teas, juices or cereals.
It is important to note that guayusa is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As a dietary supplement, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before consuming guayusa leaves.