If you enjoy drinking water that's lightly flavored with a slice of fresh lemon, you may love a glass of ginger water. Admittedly, natural ginger, its roots twisting and curving, is not the prettiest plant in the world. But, natural ginger offers a unique taste. On top of that, ginger may come with health benefits.
Benefits of Ginger Water
For example, some people use ginger for bloating. Some women even use ginger to support a healthy appetite.1 Here's what you might appreciate about ginger. Active ingredients in natural ginger include zingerone, citral, camphene, linalo, zingiberine and eucalyptol. Mouthwash is made with eucalyptol. This could be why ginger may help alleviate sore throat.
Keep reading to find out how you can get more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants by adding lemon and Herbal Goodness Moringa Leaf Liquid Extract to your ginger water. Even more, we've got a quick ginger water recipe to share with you.
But, first - ready for a surprise? Although many stores only carry white ginger, there are actually two types of ginger. In addition to white ginger, there's yellow ginger. Color of yellow ginger may remind you of a sweet potato. Here's another lesser known ginger fact. Ginger has been used for more than 2,500 years. Today, fitness proponents are using ginger water as a sports drink.2
Ginger Water Recipe
Eating ginger raw will give your mouth a pop. If you go for eating raw ginger, in addition to drinking lemon ginger water, consider eating a slice of ginger in the morning. Make ginger and lemon water part of your breakfast. See if you notice that you have fewer stomach aches or less inflammation.
And now, for two ginger water recipes. You're going to love them!
Lemon Ginger Water Cleanse3
This recipe is a great way to stay hydrated while fueling your body with minerals and vitamins. Remember to cap the drink with a teaspoon of Herbal Goodness Moringa Leaf Liquid Extract.
- 2 fresh lemons
- 1 piece fresh ginger root (white or yellow ginger)
- 1 teaspoon Herbal Goodness Moringa Leaf Liquid Extract (or Herbal Goodness Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 3 cups of water
Making Lemon Ginger Water
- Slice the ginger root and the lemon
- Leave the peel on the lemon for a stronger lemon flavor
- Boil the water in a sauce pan
- Add the lemon and ginger to the hot water
- Turn the stove off
- Let cool.
- Strengthen with the honey and a teaspoon of Herbal Goodness Moringa Leaf Liquid Extract (or Herbal Goodness Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid)
Enjoy! Add ice if you want a cool version of this ginger water recipe.
Ginger Tea Recipe4
Also, try this homemade ginger tea recipe. For this recipe, you'll need:
- 1 small ginger root
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Herbal Goodness Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid
Peel the ginger root. Slice and add to a pot of boiling water. Add in honey and Herbal Goodness Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid. Alter the taste by drinking the Herbal Goodness Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid by itself before or after you drink the ginger tea.
To get the most from these lemon ginger water recipes, use fresh natural ginger. Also, boost these drinks with Herbal Goodness organic Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid or Herbal Goodness Moringa Leaf Liquid Extract. Herbal Goodness is the woman owned company that got its start nearly a decade ago. All Herbal Goodness products are Kosher-Certified and made in a United States FDA inspected facility. This company gives 10% of its profits to support girls' STEM education, talk about paying it forward. Click here to get Herbal Goodness Papaya Leaf Extract Juice Liquid.
- Good Housekeeping. The 5 Best Health Benefits of Ginger Water. Caroline Picard. Published January 11, 2019. Accessed March 27, 2020.
- U.S. News & World Report. Benefits of Drinking Ginger Water. Keri Gans. Published July 16 2019. Accessed March 27, 2020.
- The Harvest Kitchen. Lemon Ginger Morning Detox Drink. Published July 23, 2019. Accessed March 27, 2020.
- The Spruce Eats. Ginger Root Tea. Jolinda Hackett. Updated March 21, 2020. Accessed March 27, 2020.