Enjoy Spicy Papaya Sauce With Seared Scallops
Try this fabulous papaya based recipe for a dinner that is sure to thrill! This meal was absolutely delicious.
This kitchen approved recipe from http://allrecipes.com has a 4.4-star rating!
Cshores says "I made this for my husband's birthday, and it was a hit. We both oohed and aahed throughout dinner."
Esmee says "This is a great recipe if you are having guests over for dinner. Easy to make, impressive to serve. I split the sauce in half -- the first half I kept as a finely diced salsa, the second half I pureed in a blender to make more of a sauce. I presented the scallops by first making a small pool of sauce, layering the scallops on top, and then finally garnishing the scallops with the salsa. It looked nice and added some nice flavor to the scallops (which I choose not to coat with flour before frying)."
Read: Recipe Contest Winners
Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
- 1 small papaya - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- In a medium bowl, combine papaya, red pepper, jalapeno onion, lime juice, cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large sealable bag, combine flour, black pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Add scallops, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook and stir until golden. Serve scallops over papaya sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 223 | Total Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 68mg
Culled from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/seared-scallops-with-spicy-papaya-sauce/
Related Article: A guide to papaya leaf tea and how to find them.