Tis’ the season to be jolly! Ho-ho-ho!
When it comes to Christmas, Gingerbread Cookies are some of the favorite choices to make. Cutout cookies in general are just so perfect for the holidays. They are all easy to decorate, yummy, and carry the season so well. Not to mention they have such a nice storytelling aura around them - looking at you Gingerbread man. Kids also enjoy decorating gingerbread cookies; talk about an awesome family moment in the kitchen. Herbal Goodness already can picture the warm cozy feeling of this season and has decided to share this amazing, healthy Gingerbread cookie recipe with you.It comes with a spin - the addition of our Herbal Goodness Guava leaf extract liquid. This extract can be used as part of a healthy diet to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Take guava leaf to help slow down carb absorption into the body. Santa came early this year and Christmas is about to get even more amazing for us all!
Amazing Gingerbread Cookie Recipe¹
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2/3 c. molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Herbal Goodness Guava leaf extract liquid
- 3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2" piece fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground black pepper (optional)
- Sugar Cookie Icing, for decorating
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and molasses until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and guava leaf extract and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, spices, baking soda, and salt until combined. With the mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, as well as fresh ginger, orange zest, and black pepper (if using), until dough just comes together. (Do not overmix!)
- Divide dough in half and create two discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours. (Alternatively, divide dough in half and roll each piece of dough between two pieces of parchment to 1/4" thick. Chill until firm.)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place one disc of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll until 1/4" thick. (Alternatively, peel off both sheets of parchment from the dough, then replace one sheet of parchment underneath the favorite dough) Cut out gingerbread men with a 3" wide cutter and transfer to baking sheets.
- Bake until slightly puffed and set, 9 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie cutters. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining disc of dough. Decorate with icing and sprinkles as desired.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
- https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a50468/gingerbread-cookies-recipe/Accessed on September 24, 2021.