A good, natural immune booster often is a fruit or plant-based food that's loaded with vitamin C. Of course, when looking for an immune booster, you could go with a supplement or bottled vitamins. But, this choice could find you taking in more of a vitamin or mineral than you may want. This is a reason why some healthy foods specialists recommend that people get their vitamins and minerals from plant-based foods.
Plant-Based Immune Booster
In fact, Parade magazine shares that the numbers of plant-based diets are increasing. Among the people opting for a plant-based diet are adults juggling a busy lifestyle and some athletes. Depending on the diet, benefits range from improved weight to better blood pressure to support while recovering from athletic workouts and competitions.1 One of the quick ways to enjoy the benefits of a plant-based diet, even if you're not a vegetarian or vegan, is to drink a daily green boost.
Not only can a daily green boost cut the amount of time that you spend cooking breakfast or baking fruit or green, leafy vegetables for lunch, but a healthy, organic beverage like an immunity boost juice is also a great way to support your overall health. Also, while enjoying this type of liquid immune booster, you could experience better energy, not to mention improved sleep and better mental clarity.
Before we share immunity boost juice recipes with you, let's cover benefits that may be found in a boost breeze tropical juice drink as well as antioxidants smoothies. In addition to vitamin C, a real immune booster drink may have:
- Antioxidants - Plant-based foods like guayusa are known for their high levels of antioxidants. For example, guayusa, which is among the Herbal Goodness products, has more antioxidants than blueberries, acai berries, or blackberries.2
- Theobromine - You can find this antioxidant in chocolate. Could this be a reason why some people love chocolate? In addition to working as an antioxidant, Theobromine works as a stimulant that could support a healthy weight.
- Potassium - A superfood like soursop has potassium. Benefits associated with potassium include blood pressure and blood circulation support.3
- Vitamin D - Among the plant-based foods included in the antioxidants smoothies and other immune booster recipes we share in this article, is the chance to add vitamin D to your diet.
- More Immune Booster Benefits - Zinc and magnesium are two additional benefits that are associated with organic plant-based superfoods, such as those included in recipes like the recipes we're sharing in this article.4
Immunity Boosting Smoothie Recipes
Kale is an easy go-to when it comes to making a daily green boost. This vegetable has vitamins A, C, K, B6, not to mention calcium, manganese, and potassium. Here's how you can make a daily green boost with kale. Add three cups of kale to a blender. Mix with 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of water, and 1 teaspoon of Herbal Goodness papaya liquid extract. Blend on medium until creamy smooth. Enjoy!
To get a boost breeze tropical juice drink, you'll need a cup of spinach, a teaspoon of Herbal Goodness liquid Graviola extract, a cup of strawberries, 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of water, and a cup of diced pineapple. Place the spinach, strawberries and Herbal Goodness liquid Graviola extract in a blender. Mix until smooth. Then, add in the pineapple. Add a cup of mango if you want a stronger fruity taste with this boost breeze tropical juice drink.
For antioxidants smoothies, add Herbal Goodness guayusa liquid extract to kale or spinach. Go with the vegetable that you like the taste of most. For these antioxidants smoothies recipes, we're going to use kale. In this first recipe, you'll need 2 cups of kale, 1 teaspoon of Herbal Goodness guayusa liquid extract, and 1 cup of pineapple. Instead of water, add 1 cup of milk to the blend. Add two teaspoons of honey if you want a sweeter taste.
This second of the antioxidants smoothies will need 1 cup of kale, two cups of peaches, 1/2 cup mango, 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of water, and 1/2 a cup of Herbal Goodness guayusa leaf tea. After you gather all of the ingredients, brew a cup of Herbal Goodness guayusa leaf tea. Allow the tea to cool before you add it to a blender mix of the kale, peaches, water, ice, and mango. Blend until smooth. Enjoy. If there's extra, simply refrigerate to enjoy later.
Doorway To Immune Booster Options
Fortunately, you don't have to get your health food from expensive grocery stores and health stores. In fact, you can get green leafy vegetables right at many grocery stores, not the types of grocery stores that are branded for only selling plant-based food products. To get the most out of the vegetables, cook them lightly so that you don't cook a lot of the vitamins and minerals out of the plant-based food.
However, different plants have different vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other benefits that support immunity. These foods also have a short shelf life. This is where Herbal Goodness plant-based organic teas, extracts, leaves, and liquids can work as a viable immune booster that has a long shelf life. With Herbal Goodness organic health food products, you also won't have to try to figure how much of each vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant you're receiving in a serving of tea, an extract, supplement, or while eating plant-based, organic leaves like papaya leaves, guava leaves and Graviola herbs. Even more, these immune boosters, organic products are non-GMO. These healthy plant-based products can also be used to make antioxidants smoothies, a boost breeze tropical juice drink and in another immunity boost drink.
Some of the plant-based superfood products manufactured at Herbal Goodness, a woman-owned and woman managed company, are grown in countries in Africa. The superfood products are also grown in places like Ecuador, home to the guayusa, a plant known for its immune booster antioxidants. In addition to sourcing for its plant-based health products from land that is GMO-free, Herbal Goodness supports its farmers who work in these areas.
Herbal Goodness does this by offering scholarships to family members of farmers it works with. This woman-owned and woman managed company also donates a portion of its profits to the WAAW Foundation. It's through the WAAW Foundation that Herbal Goodness is able to use profits to encourage and support quality STEM education for girls and women living in Africa. Click here to get Herbal Goodness organic healthy products that support immunity.
- Parade. Nicole Pajer. Elite Athletes Open Up About The Surprising Benefits of Switching To A Plant-Based Diet, Plus What They Eat In A Day. August 31, 2020. Accessed September 10, 2020.
- Permatree. Guayusa. Accessed September 10, 2020.
- Prevention. Emilia Benton. Soursop Is the Vitamin C-Packed Tropical Fruit With 3 Major Benefits. Accessed September 10, 2020.
- Health Travel Junkie. Guayusa Tea: Health Benefits And Lucid Dreaming. Accessed September 10, 2020.