The first thing you would notice about Rochelle when you meet her is her confidence; her drive. It flows into every other aspect of her being. Her easy smile and approachable attitude tell of a woman that is comfortable in her skin and proud of her accomplishments. Rochelle wears many “hats” as she would call them. Apart from being an influencer and a part of the Herbal Goodness family, she is also a life coach, entrepreneur, and mother. She is the perfect example of a modern-day woman, juggling motherhood, a career, and social services. This exclusive interview explores Rochelle’s journey through living healthier, motherhood, an accident, and a house fire. Herbal Goodness was fortunate to catch her at downtime for a little chat and here are a few things she had to say:
- Hello, Supermom, can you tell us a bit about yourself and what you do? Hi, yes!! My name is Rochelle Brown. I am a wife and mother of five beautiful kids as well as a serial entrepreneur and Lifestyle coach. I help women find their purpose that they thought was lost. My brand focuses on health, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle. I believe that taking care of yourself and living a lifestyle of luxury is the way we all should be living. Being wealthy in health, fashion, beauty, and lifestyle is the only way to live fully.
- You are credited with losing over 200 pounds in weight, how did you achieve such a phenomenal feat? My highest weight was 387 pounds on a 5-foot 5-inch frame. I struggled with weight the majority of my life. I felt trapped underneath it all. I was always trying to cover the insecurities the weight brought on with makeup, stylish outfits, and hair. I was so doubtful of who I was and sank further down into self-doubt; eating unhealthy stuff and drinking. I continued that way for a few years until I decided I was done and I was going to take charge of my life and live on my terms. I wanted control over my health, diet, and happiness. In 2016, I had bariatric surgery (VSG), switched up my diet, and adopted a healthy lifestyle. I have been able to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle for 5 years.
- You just recently had triplets, how was the pregnancy journey for you, especially with trying to maintain a healthy weight? It was an amazing experience. I had twins at 19 and I was very heavy then. Pregnancy was hard. This time I was able to maintain a healthy weight, still indulge in cravings but overall keep my healthy routine. Losing weight makes this pregnancy so much easier and able to manage.
- Speaking of having triplets kids, you also have a set of twins previously as well as having two other older children. How has it been being a working mum with a large family? It is tough, I won’t lie. But I always say nothing too easy is worth having. My family is my life and I have to make sure I manage my time and stay organized. It’s the only way things are going to get done. We have routines and daily practices that make our lives easier. My older kids help with the babies, so that is a huge plus. We’ve learned to make it work for us. I’m all new to this huge family thing but I love it and I’m figuring it out as I go.
- Now back to you, how have you been able to maintain a healthy weight over the years, tell us more about your plan? By really changing my mindset. I just know I never want to be 400 pounds again, and I love the way being healthy makes me feel. I make sure my diet is balanced and even if I don’t work out, I remain super active. But changing my outlook toward eating healthy and putting my health first has helped me stay consistent.
- You recently had a series of bumps in life, losing your house in a fire, your husband losing his job due to an illness, and just having triplets. How would you like Herbal Goodness and her community to come through for you? Yes, it has been a rough few years. We lost our home in a house fire in 2019. We were displaced from April to February of 2020. My husband and I then lost our jobs due to the pandemic. We finally moved back into our house in February. It still wasn’t complete and we were living on a construction site. My grandfather was ill and was on hospice at an out home. He passed away on March 27th. We had to move abruptly because he had a reverse Mortgage and we didn’t have the money to purchase the house. So, we had to move our family to a new apartment without any income. We didn’t have a choice. We moved and have been struggling to get things paid but we were making it work. Then the day after Christmas, my husband was hit by a drunk driver. He had to be cut out of the car. Our car was totaled in the accident. My husband was taken to the hospital where he was in a coma for 2 days. He spent 2 months in the hospital with the stay and rehab. He suffered short-term memory loss, his vision has been affected. He hasn’t been cleared to work or drive yet and is still in recovery with therapy. We found out we were pregnant while he was in the hospital, then to find out we are having triplets. The triplets were born July 2nd. Right now we are facing eviction, we need to either pay rent or move. We honestly need to move, it’s too small for our huge family. I’m doing my influencer work as much as I can. It’s the only income we have at the moment. We don’t have a car, so getting around to appointments has been rough. We need a vehicle big enough for us all. We need baby clothes, fall and winter clothes for us. We lost all of our clothes in the fire, so we are trying to rebuild. I thank you and the herbal goodness community for wanting to help my family and me. We are accepting prayers for sure, monetary gifts, and donations. Any way that anyone can help would be an awesome blessing. Again, thank you.
Herbal Goodness is a brand that believes in business for social good. We believe in giving back to our community and Rochelle is family. This interview was specially designed to solicit support, from our large community of loyal customers and patrons, on behalf of this amazing, striving woman who refuses to sink into her challenges. If there is any way we can be of support to Rochelle and her family, that would be appreciated. They need us now more than ever. Kindly find the details of her PayPal account below for monetary donations.
PayPal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also leave the address of our McKinney office in this article for those who have gifts and items they may want to donate to her and her kids:
2150 S. Central Expressway, Suite 200 McKinney, Texas, 75070. USA
In the words of Michael Shur, “You can't achieve anything entirely by yourself. There's a support system that is a basic requirement of human existence. To be happy and successful on earth, you just have to have people that you rely on.”